Weed is everywhere nowadays. Sometimes it seems a bit odd that it is still illegal in so many places because nearly everyone has had a joint at some point in their lives, and without repercussions too!
There are weed bars, weed-themed coffee shops, weed parties, so why should we leave weddings behind? You would do well to know that cannabis-themed wedding has been on the rise, and it looks like they are here to stay. This is excellent news for any lover of the herb who is going to tie the knot soon!
The problem is that almost everyone wants their wedding to be a classy event and most people associate marijuana with hippies and people who have a very blurry, disoriented view of their lives. Making a wedding even classy while including marijuana seems like a tricky thing to do.
Fortunately, though, there have been many successful weddings that have been equal parts classy and funny because of all the weed that was incorporated in the mix! So there is a lot you can take from them.
Before we move into the best tips for having a classic cannabis wedding, let us first take a look at some of the necessary precautions before hosting such an event.
Precautions to Take Before Hosting a Weed Wedding:
- There is no reason why you should assume that all the guests at your weddings will be there for the cannabis, even if it is legal in your state. Some people probably want to be a part of your big day because they want to wish you the very best. So you must have THC-exclusive options for all of these people, be it at the bar or in the food. If you have added cannabis in your party favors, you can make a separate option for them as well.
- Smoking joints at your wedding can be classy in many ways, but it can trigger health problems in some of your guests and be simply rude to others. So if you are going to have weed for smoking at your wedding, we advise that you include a smoke-free area for everyone who wishes to stay away out of respect.
- You must never offer marijuana to people below the age of 21. Ask your budtender and other moderators at the wedding to make sure that people below that age do not make use of any of the weed at the party.
- Consuming cannabis edibles instead of smoking is a much better idea so that the event remains smoke-free while everyone who wishes to get stoned does so easily. However, there is such a thing as too much cannabis so make sure that no one at your party overeats.
- It is a great idea to have moderators at your party who make sure that no one gets too high. You can have a family member or a friend who isn’t into weed, or you can get outside help for the same purpose.
How to Infuse Cannabis in Your Wedding:
Add a Gourmet Weed Bar
A weed bar is everyone’s favorite option. Of course, a weed bar will never truly replace a regular liquor bar so it may be a great idea to separate the two.
If you do have a weed bar at the party, it is a great idea to hire a budtender and a dabarista as well. They will be able to guide the guests on all the gourmet cannabis strains: live resin in Canada, phoenix tears, sour diesel, and many other.
Budtenders are a great idea especially for people who aren’t very educated on the plant and want to try it out just for fun.
Make Use of Hemp Paper
Did you know that hemp, a product of cannabis, is one of the best, most natural and organic ways to make paper? Hemp paper is not even difficult to locate because it is becoming more and more common every day.
To show that your wedding will be cannabis-friendly, you can make use of hemp paper for all your paper needs. You can even make the invitations out of hemp paper so that your guests know exactly what to expect when they make their way into your big day.
Desserts infused with cannabis are one of the world’s favorite ways to consume cannabis. And what better dessert to make use of other than a cake?
The risky thing about cannabis cake is that it will not be safe for consumption for children and other people who aren’t too stoked with the idea of marijuana being everywhere, so we do advise that you have a separate option for them.
It is a great idea to make sure that your weed cake isn’t too big so that a lot of the cannabis in it isn’t wasted
Cannabis edibles are fantastic as snacks at a wedding, provided that no children get their hands on it! And they aren’t very difficult to get either, for example, almost everyone knows how to make a good pot brownie these days.
Classy desserts infused with cannabis will keep the outward classiness of the party intact while making everyone high nevertheless! Always make sure that everyone who wants to taste them knows what they are getting into so that they don’t overdose or do something they don’t want to.
You can also add cannabis to a variety of drinks, including milkshakes and mocktails. Mixing it with alcohol is not a good idea, though.
You can even mark the menus clearly with the foods, and the drinks that have THC and those that don’t so everyone has good clean fun!
Marijuana can be as appealing visually as it is to our insides. The bud can hang like vines on your centerpiece, coupled with beautiful flowers. Needless to say that the cannabis on the centerpiece will not be available for smoking or any other form of consumption! However, it will make a lasting statement about the bride and the groom being lovers of the herb.
Katherine Elvis, a mother of a one-year-old kid named, Jim. She is a clinical psychologist, and her passion is to learn the medical studies and social sciences, that’s why she has a lot of interest in writing and blogging on medical, general, and social areas of the human personalities. She regularly writes blogs at https:/cannabisy.ca/.